Tuesday, October 14, 2008

andrew the lighthouse

hello my name is Andrew and i am a lighthouse.I didn't always shine as brightly as i do now. once i was dark and nothing worked inside. a lot of ships wrecked when they came near my shores. so they quit coming by. i got so worried and lonely , one day i couldn't take it anymore. and i cried out if someone would help me i know that i could shine again. i know my friends the ships would come to the harbor once more. what can i do? someone please help me. well one day and old friend came to visit he knocked and Andrew said come in old friend.and so he did. my friend said what have you done to yourself.Andrew sadly replied nothing.everything just quit working and no one comes close anymore. Andrews friend said i can if you will let me. Andrew said oh please do please help help me old friend. his friend said it will take a lot of work and it may hurt a little and it may hurt a lot. Andrew said i don't care, i need help. so his friend said well we better get started then and his friends first job was cleaning up the mess below . and he began pulling out the old furniture and the wiring from the walls and the bad plumbing. Andrew said must that go it was old but I'm used to it, and why my wires that hurts when you pull that out not mention my pipes to.his friend said Andrew the furniture is not safe for your friends to sit on and the old wiring can cause much damage if they are not repaired your pipes have to be replaced so fresh water can be pumped in. Andrew said reluctantly OK, go ahead . and soon the bottom half of Andrew was clean and working again. old pains and sorrows gone. then his friend came to the stairs which led up to the top of course. and his friend ripped out one step after another replacing them with newer and much stronger ones. but it hurt so bad , Andrew complained cant you just patch it up why must you take it all out. Andrews friend replied i could patch it up new over old but it wouldn't hold for long and we'd be right back were we started. OK, said Andrew but Finnish quickly. and his friend said one step at a time my friend one step at a time. well finally it came time for Andrew upper half, and his friend looked around and he saw great possibilities. Andrew wasn't sure he wanted to his friend in on this floor. he would have to let go of all his comforts and his way of doing things. he began to feel resentful why must i give up so much. then rebellion reared it's ugly head i don't know old friend should i let you finish? then he started to feel some independence well i have been here for a long time on my own, why should stop now? and Andrews friend replied finishing helps you to know you can do anything with someone there to work with you, don't worry about why because you know it is really better for you, and can you see where you were before you got to where you are now. Andrew thought about this and while he was thinking his friend kept on working and then Andrew said my dear friend your right i do feel better and i do need you. just as Andrew said this my friend tripped the switch and i shined brighter than i ever had before. and everyone came back to see me my ship friends were not afraid of my shores. the rough edges were still there but my light shined and they could work around them. i told my friend please don't leave,please stay. and my friend said i never left and I'll always stay. love Jesus. from Sherry's quiet place

No comments: